Apart from the first Charity Trustees, whose initial appointments are set out in article 9(4) of our Constitution, our Trustees are appointed for a term of 3 years (article 10(1) refers). Their appointments can be renewed by a resolution by the Trustees.
Our Board of Trustees are:
- Chris Orman founded The Bouncing Ball Trust in June 2014 and has been one of its Trustees since then. He has been involved in charitable projects in Kenya since 2006. Chris has also lived and worked voluntarily in Ngong, Kenya, for three years delivering income-generating projects for primary schools. Professionally Chris is a Project Manager, experienced in managing and delivering successful projects in the public and charity sectors. He is a Member of the Association for Project Management (UK), Member of the Kenya Association of Project Managers and a Member of the Chartered Management Institute. Chris is a Champion with the Teach A Friend to Read charity. Chris lives in Bradley Stoke, South Gloucestershire. As one of the first Charity Trustees, Chris was appointed for 4 years from 14th January 2017.
- Ewan McNab has been involved in charity projects since 2006 and with The Bouncing Ball Trust since it was founded in 2014. He has visited Kenya four times over the years visiting various projects. Professionally Ewan is a Project Engineer experienced in delivering Intelligent Transport projects to the local government sector. He also has an interest in web design which he hopes can be used to raise the profile of the Trust. Ewan lives in Warrington, Cheshire. As one of the first Charity Trustees, Ewan was appointed for 1 year from 14th January 2017. His appointment has been renewed for a further 3 years.
- Kayleigh Black has been involved in many projects including teaching Eglish abroad in China for several years and more recently working with St John Ambulance and a youth leader and event First Aider. She is passionate about improving the lives of the community and children through education. With a background in business management, Kayleigh works as an operations manager for a software company which provides transport solutions throughout the UK. As a Trustee, she would bring her management and teaching skills to the charity. As an individual Kayleigh hopes to make a difference to the education, wellbeing and health of the local community in Kenya. Kayleigh lives in Cheshire. She was appointed on 1st June 2018 for 3 years.
- Keith Davis has over 20 years of board-level experience in private businesses engaged in the healthcare sector. He has a strong financial and business development background and, as a Trustee, hopes that these skills will help in raising awareness of, and funds for, The Bouncing Ball Trust. He has visited Kenya a number of times and is fully committed to making a contribution toward improving the lives of children there. Keith lives in Monmouthshire and was appointed a Trustee in September 2020 for 3 years.
- Adelaide Morgan brings on board an extensive knowledge and experience of governance at board level from the private, public and third sectors. She was the Founder of Life Map Planners programme which enabled positive achievements with vulnerable and at-risk children and young people. Adelaide is strongly committed to social justice and passionate about the eradication of child poverty. She serves on board of School Governing Bodies and various Trusts. Adelaide was appointed a Trustee in September 2020 for 3 years.
Our Office-Bearers are:
Chair: Kayleigh Black
Secretary: Chris Orman
Treasurer: Chris Orman